Friday, March 05, 2010

Memories

What makes me remember,
those wonderful moments not so long ago,

All those years gone by, without you,
You'd think I would have gotten' used to just remembering...
All that remains, are these little memories.

It's feels empty to know that you were once here
That my life was once complete,
That I once had hope to share,
That I once had someone to share it with.

Sometimes I sit up and try to remember, all that was,
All that felt right, all the laughs,
And then I grow sad, as it dawns on me,
You are but a memory, fast fading away.

I keep trying so hard to remember, but sometimes I cannot,
I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that you aren't there,
That there is no more conversation to be had, no more fights,
Nobody else to tell me what to do...

I try and talk to you every now and then; without no reply,
Just a hope, that someplace, somewhere, your listening.
I have so much to say, so much to prove,
But for now, all that I must be content with, are memories..

Dedicated to my Father...

5 comments:

  1. well said stan.
    am sure ur dad is watchin over u always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome, Stan, and well said.
    excellent start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Stan! This is beautiful :) Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stan, the poem is beautiful... It perfectly captures the essence of wanting to hold on to the pleasant memories of the past and yet knowing it's best to let go.. For everyone who has lost somebody in their lives in which ever capacity, I am sure they will be able to relate to the poem completely!

    Don't stop writing... coz u capture feelings very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why have you stopped writing? This is beautiful!
    - Sandy

    ReplyDelete